Here’s the final session from Social PR 2011, attended by 160 plus the many followers on Twitter and on the live stream. I was there for the latter part but from what I saw it was a great conference with plenty of insight and useful information.
Here are a few things that I learned.
- There are a lot of tools out there for measuring individual influence. The much maligned Klout has competition now from mpact, ecairns and peekyou.
- Evaluation and measurement is ‘the’ hot topic.
- The most popular device of choice for the Social PR practitioner is a MacBook. There was a sea of them out there.
- There was a pretty even split between Blackberries, iPhones and HTC Desires.
- If you don’t want to share your slides don’t present at a conference. People aren’t waiting for Slideshare they’re taking pictures of the slides.
- A conference of 160 Social PR devotees is still not enough to get a ‘Swarm’ badge on Foursquare.